COVID-19 Safety Info
At Nami Cho DDS, your health and the health of our dental team members are our #1 priority. Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and our office follows all guidelines made by the US Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
For the protection of all our patients and dental team due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we have implemented the following:
• Pre-Screening of patients and guardians prior to dental appointment
• Non contact temperature screening of all patients prior to dental appointment
• Enhanced disinfection: Fogging disinfection solution used daily to disinfect the office, waiting room, operatories
• Air purifiers in reception area and operatory
• Limit patient appointments to allow for social distancing
• Increased PPE (personal protective equipment): Staff wears N95 masks, surgical gowns, face shields, gloves, hair covers
• Daily screening and temperature checks of staff
• Paperless forms (We were already a paperless office prior to the COVID outbreak)
• Hand sanitizer available
We are requesting the following:
If you test positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
• fever > 100.4 F
• shortness of breath or trouble breathing
• dry cough
• runny nose or recent loss/reduction in sense of taste or smell
• sore throat
• severe headaches or body aches
• active tuberculosis (TB)
• mumps, measles, chickenpox
• other contagious disease
Please notify our staff before your appointment if within 14 days, you or someone you are in close contact with have traveled to one of the areas with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you are over the age of 65 or have a serious underlying medical condition, please consult with your medical provider if they recommend postponing elective non-urgent dental care.
Some of the changes we have made to protect our patients and dental team:
• Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask COVID-19 screening questions. When you arrive at our office, a member of our team will great you, ask the screening questions again, and take your temperature.
Please fill out our COVID-19 Questionnaire
• You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
• Face coverings must be worn by all persons over the age of 3 for the entire visit unless medically unable to do so. We will request that you remove the face covering for your procedure only.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or childrens toys
• Appointments will be managed to follow social distancing protocols between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We appreciate your understanding.
• We may ask that you wait in the car or outside the office to control patient traffic in the office.
•We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please text/call us at (415) 421-6766 or email at email@example.com. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
California Departhment of Public Health (CDPH): www.cdph.ca.gov